So I almost let Pi day get away without posting a yummy pie you can make semi zero wastey. As I scoured Instagram and Facebook today, all I was seeing were everyone's delicious pictures of pies. About 4 PM rolled around and I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to make a pie. I first scoured my kitchen to see what I had on hand and sure enough I had most of the ingredients to make a banana pie. It was pretty warm today so that sounded perfect and refreshing.
This pie is so easy to make! It's my go to for a quick summer party or BBQ. It really takes only minutes to prepare and about an hour to set. It just couldn't get any more perfect.
Where you'll find your ingredients:
Vegan Banana Pie
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 8 (Depends on who slices!)
- 1 cup roughly crushed walnuts (so that more fit in the measuring scoop) (bulk bins)
- 1 1/4 cup of Medajool Dates (Add as you go, depending on the dates, you might need more or less) (bulk bins)
- 1/8 cup of coconut flakes (bulk bins)
- 1 Banana (Produce)
- 1/2 cup of Condensed Coconut Milk (do not shake can or mix the contents, instead primarily use the thick part that has floated to the top of the can) (Can)
- 1 tb of Agave (bulk bins)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla (glass)
- 1 1/4 cup Cashews (bulk bins)
- Juice of 1 lemon - I like it lemony (Produce)
- Pinch of salt (bulk bins)
Blend walnuts, coconut flakes, and dates in a food processor until crumbly and sticky. Make sure to remove the pits from the dates before you blend them. Press mixture into a pie plate and set aside.
Put the 1 cut up banana, condensed coconut milk, agave, vanilla, cashews, and salt into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over the pie shell and freeze for 1 hour. Remove from freezer when ready to eat and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.